Torrens Transit operates urban bus services under long-term contracts to the South Australian Department for Planning, Transport and Infrastructure, Public Transport Services. Torrens Transit commenced operations in Adelaide in April 2000 and currently operates 330 buses from four depots in metropolitan Adelaide. Torrens Transit employs 580 staff and its services carry 17 million passengers per annum.
Torrens Transit endeavours to provide the South Australian Government and its passengers with:
- A high quality, efficient and reliable transport service;
- Exceptional customer service with polite and friendly staff;
- A stable and well trained workforce;
- Innovative route planning solutions;
- A willingness to collaborate with Government to solve problems and deliver long term value for money;
- Vehicles presented to the highest standards; and
- Impeccable safety, quality and environmental standards.